An 18-year-old beatsmith hailing from Austin, Texas, Eric Dingus boasts a rather surprising set of influences: along with hip-hop and electronic music, he states that he draws inspiration from “depression, Japanese horror movies and video game soundtracks.” While the combo may sound strange in theory, new single Teach You How to Love is evidence of just how well the pieces fit together in practice. Like many rising producers, Dingus exhibits a taste for ethereal synths and heavy reverb, but he undercuts the chill vibes with an tense, almost ominous rhythm section. A plaintive melody sampled from Lenna’s Theme, a cut off the soundtrack to SNES classic Final Fantasy V, runs through the composition. Has Eric hit upon a winning formula with his debut feature? Those leaning toward the affirmative can hear more on the artist’s Subliminal Innocence EP, available now via his official site.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.