An 18-year-old beatsmith hailing from Austin, Texas, Eric Dingus boasts a rather surprising set of influences: along with hip-hop and electronic music, he states that he draws inspiration from “depression, Japanese horror movies and video game soundtracks.” While the combo may sound strange in theory, new single Teach You How to Love is evidence of just how well the pieces fit together in practice. Like many rising producers, Dingus exhibits a taste for ethereal synths and heavy reverb, but he undercuts the chill vibes with an tense, almost ominous rhythm section. A plaintive melody sampled from Lenna’s Theme, a cut off the soundtrack to SNES classic Final Fantasy V, runs through the composition. Has Eric hit upon a winning formula with his debut feature? Those leaning toward the affirmative can hear more on the artist’s Subliminal Innocence EP, available now via his official site.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.