Given that Eric Biddines‘s first and, to date, only solo feature was way back in May of 2012, I think it’s safe to say the Palm Beach County repper has some lost time to make up for. Perhaps that’s why he’s decided to make his latest effort a two-fer. Rarely have I heard a medley as eclectic as Railroads Down 2/Independence Day, a follow up to his previously released Railroads Down/ Unfinished. The first half of this narrative jam is told from the perspective of a slave working on a Southern railroad, and features spiritual-style vocal harmonies and a chain-gang instrumental produced by Biddines himself. The System Life mans the boards for the Independence Day section, serving up a more upbeat, guitar-laced groove as the artist chronicles the protagonist’s escape to freedom. This ambitious selection is just one of many quality cuts to be found on the deluxe reissue of Eric Biddines’s Planet Coffeebean 2, set to drop independently October 7.
Written by richard on 09/3/14
Submit your Rating
Planet Coffee Bean/One Chance Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Frozen Lake" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.