When it comes to women, Eric Benét doesn’t discriminate—dark, light, short, tall, thick and thin are all right with him. As the veteran R&B singer reveals on his latest effort, however, there’s one particular look that never fails to turn him on—specifically, he’s into Redbone Girls. (That’s a light-skinned black person with traces of a third ethnicity, according to Urban Dictionary). The artist’s first feature since September 2008’s You’re the Only One, this freshly-released album standout finds Benét showcasing his skills on both sides of the boards, hooking up with co-producer George Nash, Jr. and Curtis “Sauce” Wilson to craft a bluesy, brass-laced backdrop for verses dedicated to the caramel-colored woman of his dreams. Weezy F. Baby evidently concurs with the headliner’s taste in females. In a lusty middle verse, the YMCMB heavyweight describes his “type” in characteristically eccentric style: “I like ‘em light-skinned, lighter than a feather / And if she red-hot, I’m bitin’ that pepper.” Digging this funky, retro-informed banger? More awaits on Eric Benét’s The One LP, due out June 5, via Jordan House Records with distribution from EMI.
Written by richard on 05/16/12
Submit your Rating
Jordan House Records/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You're The Only One" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.