Some dudes are more than happy to be boyfriend #2, if that means they can get it in without the muss and fuss of an actual relationship. Not Eric Bellinger—on his latest promo single, the unsigned recording artist issues an ultimatum to a woman he’s been seeing behind her man’s back, insisting that they make it Official or cut ties. Hitmaking producers T-Minus and Boi-1da form a tag-team behind the mixing boards, backing Bellinger and guest emcee King Chip with a spacious, slow-burning synth arrangement. Not part of February album release Born II Sing Vol.3, Official should nonetheless meet a warm reception among R&B-heads in the Booth. To tide you over, why not take a listen to the artist’s last reader-approved feature, Nude?
Written by richard on 01/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Miss You" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.