Some dudes are more than happy to be boyfriend #2, if that means they can get it in without the muss and fuss of an actual relationship. Not Eric Bellinger—on his latest promo single, the unsigned recording artist issues an ultimatum to a woman he’s been seeing behind her man’s back, insisting that they make it Official or cut ties. Hitmaking producers T-Minus and Boi-1da form a tag-team behind the mixing boards, backing Bellinger and guest emcee King Chip with a spacious, slow-burning synth arrangement. Not part of February album release Born II Sing Vol.3, Official should nonetheless meet a warm reception among R&B-heads in the Booth. To tide you over, why not take a listen to the artist’s last reader-approved feature, Nude?
Written by richard on 01/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Miss You" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.