The downside of having someone or something who brings light into your life is, of course, the potential darkness when it’s gone – and, though it may be better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all (to paraphrase Lord Alfred Tennyson), try telling that to someone who’s reeling in the wake of a sudden separation from what sustains them. Back in the Booth after nearly a year’s absence, Oxnard, California’s Epsilon Project offer a bittersweet perspective on love, music, loss and reunion on new single My Sunshine. Over beatsmith Kev Brown‘s tunefully laid-back production, the crewmates deliver rhymes that are as applicable to the ebb and flow of artistic inspiration as to the history of a romantic relationship: “Despite the feelings that we have on the months we down, we lay back, hypnotized by the funky sound…” Singer Jonas lends a hand on the hook, putting a soulful spin on the theme of country standard You Are My Sunshine. Need more Epsilon Project in your life? Then keep it locked for the latest on their Oxygen LP, scheduled for release sometime this spring.
Written by richard on 02/15/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.