The downside of having someone or something who brings light into your life is, of course, the potential darkness when it’s gone – and, though it may be better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all (to paraphrase Lord Alfred Tennyson), try telling that to someone who’s reeling in the wake of a sudden separation from what sustains them. Back in the Booth after nearly a year’s absence, Oxnard, California’s Epsilon Project offer a bittersweet perspective on love, music, loss and reunion on new single My Sunshine. Over beatsmith Kev Brown‘s tunefully laid-back production, the crewmates deliver rhymes that are as applicable to the ebb and flow of artistic inspiration as to the history of a romantic relationship: “Despite the feelings that we have on the months we down, we lay back, hypnotized by the funky sound…” Singer Jonas lends a hand on the hook, putting a soulful spin on the theme of country standard You Are My Sunshine. Need more Epsilon Project in your life? Then keep it locked for the latest on their Oxygen LP, scheduled for release sometime this spring.
Written by richard on 02/15/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.