The downside of having someone or something who brings light into your life is, of course, the potential darkness when it’s gone – and, though it may be better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all (to paraphrase Lord Alfred Tennyson), try telling that to someone who’s reeling in the wake of a sudden separation from what sustains them. Back in the Booth after nearly a year’s absence, Oxnard, California’s Epsilon Project offer a bittersweet perspective on love, music, loss and reunion on new single My Sunshine. Over beatsmith Kev Brown‘s tunefully laid-back production, the crewmates deliver rhymes that are as applicable to the ebb and flow of artistic inspiration as to the history of a romantic relationship: “Despite the feelings that we have on the months we down, we lay back, hypnotized by the funky sound…” Singer Jonas lends a hand on the hook, putting a soulful spin on the theme of country standard You Are My Sunshine. Need more Epsilon Project in your life? Then keep it locked for the latest on their Oxygen LP, scheduled for release sometime this spring.
Written by richard on 02/15/11
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.