The downside of having someone or something who brings light into your life is, of course, the potential darkness when it’s gone – and, though it may be better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all (to paraphrase Lord Alfred Tennyson), try telling that to someone who’s reeling in the wake of a sudden separation from what sustains them. Back in the Booth after nearly a year’s absence, Oxnard, California’s Epsilon Project offer a bittersweet perspective on love, music, loss and reunion on new single My Sunshine. Over beatsmith Kev Brown‘s tunefully laid-back production, the crewmates deliver rhymes that are as applicable to the ebb and flow of artistic inspiration as to the history of a romantic relationship: “Despite the feelings that we have on the months we down, we lay back, hypnotized by the funky sound…” Singer Jonas lends a hand on the hook, putting a soulful spin on the theme of country standard You Are My Sunshine. Need more Epsilon Project in your life? Then keep it locked for the latest on their Oxygen LP, scheduled for release sometime this spring.
Written by richard on 02/15/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)