It goes without saying that anyone hoping to make a living through music, art, writing or any creative craft must have a steady source of Inspiration. While I find that a few (dozen) cups of black coffee rarely fail to get the gears spinning, readers in search of some deeper insights into what lies behind the creative process can find what they’re craving on the latest single and first Booth feature from Oxnard, California crew Project Epsilon. Based around the nostalgically lo-fi but anthemically catchy keyboard-sampled boardwork of Kev Brown, the cut finds the West Coast hopefuls exploring the many things that keep them on their grind, from their gratitude to fans, friends and family to their religious beliefs and memories of past struggles – and, not least, their enduring love for the music itself. With the winning combination of positive-minded rhymes and old-school vibes, this track will undoubtedly earn Epsilon Project fans among our resident underground heads. If you fall into that category, you can find more where this came from on their Audacity LP, released May 25, and out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 05/23/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.