Out of Business since ‘99, legendary hip-hop duo EPMD, have returned to record their seventh album. Though the industry has vastly changed over the last nine years, Erick Sermon and Parrish Smith have one thing to say to the doubters: “We Mean Business.” On their “comeback single,” the duo requests that their audience Listen Up. A member of another popular 90’s group, Teddy Riley of Blackstreet, is featured on Listen Up, adding vocoder-laced background vocals and a throwback sound (he was doing “the T-Pain” while T-Pain was still skipping grade school classes). For those who have impatiently waited for We Mean Business, you gots to chill (sorry, couldn’t resist); once you get your copy on December 9, you’ll find that it was well worth the wait.
Written by Burmy on 10/30/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)