Out of Business since ‘99, legendary hip-hop duo EPMD, have returned to record their seventh album. Though the industry has vastly changed over the last nine years, Erick Sermon and Parrish Smith have one thing to say to the doubters: “We Mean Business.” On their “comeback single,” the duo requests that their audience Listen Up. A member of another popular 90’s group, Teddy Riley of Blackstreet, is featured on Listen Up, adding vocoder-laced background vocals and a throwback sound (he was doing “the T-Pain” while T-Pain was still skipping grade school classes). For those who have impatiently waited for We Mean Business, you gots to chill (sorry, couldn’t resist); once you get your copy on December 9, you’ll find that it was well worth the wait.
Written by Burmy on 10/30/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.