Epiphany‘s first and, to date, only non-freestyle feature, Five Dollas, found the up-and-comer living up to his lofty stage name, cutting through the myths and misconceptions to depict the reality of life as an indie rapper. With the second installment of his RESPECT mixtape series, the Little Rock native will focus his lyrical gaze on male-female relations – a knotty topic but, if the project’s first official leak (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!) is any indication, one on which he has some equally sharp insights to offer. On Apology of Sorts, the artist ponders the vicious circle of abandonment that arises when a father skips town, leaving his son to grow up without a positive, responsible male role model. Needless to say, that’s a problem that can’t be solved in three minutes and 43 seconds, but Epiphany’s reflective rhymes and JP‘s subtle, lightly jazzy sampled beat add up to a track that’s both thought-provoking and ear-pleasing. RESPECT Pt. 2 (Womens), sponsored by none other than DJBooth.net, is set to hit our front page March 9, and those who haven’t already claimed their free download of Pt. 1 can get up to speed here.
Written by richard on 02/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"5 Dollas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)