If rappers actually knew half of what they claim they know, the game would be a much better place. Unlike many of his peers, EnVy Hunter openly admits to Talking Out My A$$ on his latest single. Though the song’s title might suggest he isn’t a knowledgeable emcee, he most certainly is. Perhaps the record holds the title Talking Out My A$$ because of it’s author’s cool, cavalier approach. On the mic Hunter skates atop the soothing, sample-driven effort from General Beats, his bars easily flowing as if he really isn’t even trying. Keeping a relaxed, off-the-cuff vibe while surgically delivering tongue-twisting bars is no walk in the park, but the Houston native makes it look easy; the mark of a bona fide emcee. Like September’s Hard Knock, Talking Out My A$$ can be found on his brand new project Patiently Waiting.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.