If rappers actually knew half of what they claim they know, the game would be a much better place. Unlike many of his peers, EnVy Hunter openly admits to Talking Out My A$$ on his latest single. Though the song’s title might suggest he isn’t a knowledgeable emcee, he most certainly is. Perhaps the record holds the title Talking Out My A$$ because of it’s author’s cool, cavalier approach. On the mic Hunter skates atop the soothing, sample-driven effort from General Beats, his bars easily flowing as if he really isn’t even trying. Keeping a relaxed, off-the-cuff vibe while surgically delivering tongue-twisting bars is no walk in the park, but the Houston native makes it look easy; the mark of a bona fide emcee. Like September’s Hard Knock, Talking Out My A$$ can be found on his brand new project Patiently Waiting.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.