If rappers actually knew half of what they claim they know, the game would be a much better place. Unlike many of his peers, EnVy Hunter openly admits to Talking Out My A$$ on his latest single. Though the song’s title might suggest he isn’t a knowledgeable emcee, he most certainly is. Perhaps the record holds the title Talking Out My A$$ because of it’s author’s cool, cavalier approach. On the mic Hunter skates atop the soothing, sample-driven effort from General Beats, his bars easily flowing as if he really isn’t even trying. Keeping a relaxed, off-the-cuff vibe while surgically delivering tongue-twisting bars is no walk in the park, but the Houston native makes it look easy; the mark of a bona fide emcee. Like September’s Hard Knock, Talking Out My A$$ can be found on his brand new project Patiently Waiting.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.