If rappers actually knew half of what they claim they know, the game would be a much better place. Unlike many of his peers, EnVy Hunter openly admits to Talking Out My A$$ on his latest single. Though the song’s title might suggest he isn’t a knowledgeable emcee, he most certainly is. Perhaps the record holds the title Talking Out My A$$ because of it’s author’s cool, cavalier approach. On the mic Hunter skates atop the soothing, sample-driven effort from General Beats, his bars easily flowing as if he really isn’t even trying. Keeping a relaxed, off-the-cuff vibe while surgically delivering tongue-twisting bars is no walk in the park, but the Houston native makes it look easy; the mark of a bona fide emcee. Like September’s Hard Knock, Talking Out My A$$ can be found on his brand new project Patiently Waiting.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.