To paraphrase Little Orphan Annie and Jay Z, it’s a Hard Knock life out there in the streets. Through it all, though, EnVy Hunter remains determined to create music that knocks… hard. The Houston newcomer’s latest single most definitely fits that description. Here, G. Cal blends keyboard loops and downtempo percussion to craft a low-key, yet whip-ready backdrop for the headliner’s determination-drenched chronicles of the grind. Fellow H-Town repper Anti-Lilly, the emcee behind May’s reader-approved Clarissa (Used 2 Love Her), grabs the mic to deliver a laid-back closing 16. Feeling it? Then keep your browsers locked. Patiently Waiting currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talking Out My A$$" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.