Following Lil’ Wayne’s tremendous first week sales, assisted by a hefty amount of Lollipop ringtone purchases, newcomer Envy is making sure that his game is tight in the mobile phone arena. With the Ringtone market currently booming, Envy’s new track of the same name is unsurprisingly garnering lots of attention on Billboard’s Hip-Hop Single Sales Chart. Envy wants the ladies to know that if they receive a phone call from him, they must know how to treat the situation; you know, send texts, picture messages and if it gets serious, save his digits to the SIM Card. St. Louis’s Fedarro Noel (a.k.a FreqBeats) lends his production and hook-singing skills to the Midwestern emcee‘s single, giving Envy an airy piano and quick bassline that is perfect for two-stepping, finger-snapping, and that special someone’s Ringtone.
Written by Erica L. on 06/18/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.