Following Lil’ Wayne’s tremendous first week sales, assisted by a hefty amount of Lollipop ringtone purchases, newcomer Envy is making sure that his game is tight in the mobile phone arena. With the Ringtone market currently booming, Envy’s new track of the same name is unsurprisingly garnering lots of attention on Billboard’s Hip-Hop Single Sales Chart. Envy wants the ladies to know that if they receive a phone call from him, they must know how to treat the situation; you know, send texts, picture messages and if it gets serious, save his digits to the SIM Card. St. Louis’s Fedarro Noel (a.k.a FreqBeats) lends his production and hook-singing skills to the Midwestern emcee‘s single, giving Envy an airy piano and quick bassline that is perfect for two-stepping, finger-snapping, and that special someone’s Ringtone.
Written by Erica L. on 06/18/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.