Following Lil’ Wayne’s tremendous first week sales, assisted by a hefty amount of Lollipop ringtone purchases, newcomer Envy is making sure that his game is tight in the mobile phone arena. With the Ringtone market currently booming, Envy’s new track of the same name is unsurprisingly garnering lots of attention on Billboard’s Hip-Hop Single Sales Chart. Envy wants the ladies to know that if they receive a phone call from him, they must know how to treat the situation; you know, send texts, picture messages and if it gets serious, save his digits to the SIM Card. St. Louis’s Fedarro Noel (a.k.a FreqBeats) lends his production and hook-singing skills to the Midwestern emcee‘s single, giving Envy an airy piano and quick bassline that is perfect for two-stepping, finger-snapping, and that special someone’s Ringtone.
Written by Erica L. on 06/18/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.