What one man personifies sweaty pop music used to entice other pop stars, hot chicks and men who love hot chicks? Enrique Iglesias. Already five singles deep into his latest release, Euphoria, Iglesias was due for yet another club smash and the super pop remix to Dirty Dancer should do the trick. As if his hits needed any more of that superstar factor, the platinum-selling artist went ahead and added two of pop music’s biggest names - Usher and Lil Wayne. Apparently, the Iglesias/Wayne combo was so infectious the first time (see Push), that had to do it once more… but also with Mr. Raymond. Producer RedOne combines plenty of Euro pop aesthetics (thumping synths, strobe light inducing drums and snares) for a pop blend to end all pop blends inside of clubs across the globe. Weezy’s verse doesn’t leave much to the imagination except a need to announce his arrival in the club, but it works in the “little equals good” vein. It’s an Igleasis dominated remix for certain, leaving Usher and Weezy to play in the background, but a true global heartthrob isn’t mean to play second fiddle. If you’re feeling moved, Euphoria is in stores now.
Written by Brando on 05/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Push ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.