What one man personifies sweaty pop music used to entice other pop stars, hot chicks and men who love hot chicks? Enrique Iglesias. Already five singles deep into his latest release, Euphoria, Iglesias was due for yet another club smash and the super pop remix to Dirty Dancer should do the trick. As if his hits needed any more of that superstar factor, the platinum-selling artist went ahead and added two of pop music’s biggest names - Usher and Lil Wayne. Apparently, the Iglesias/Wayne combo was so infectious the first time (see Push), that had to do it once more… but also with Mr. Raymond. Producer RedOne combines plenty of Euro pop aesthetics (thumping synths, strobe light inducing drums and snares) for a pop blend to end all pop blends inside of clubs across the globe. Weezy’s verse doesn’t leave much to the imagination except a need to announce his arrival in the club, but it works in the “little equals good” vein. It’s an Igleasis dominated remix for certain, leaving Usher and Weezy to play in the background, but a true global heartthrob isn’t mean to play second fiddle. If you’re feeling moved, Euphoria is in stores now.
Written by Brando on 05/8/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Push ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)