What one man personifies sweaty pop music used to entice other pop stars, hot chicks and men who love hot chicks? Enrique Iglesias. Already five singles deep into his latest release, Euphoria, Iglesias was due for yet another club smash and the super pop remix to Dirty Dancer should do the trick. As if his hits needed any more of that superstar factor, the platinum-selling artist went ahead and added two of pop music’s biggest names - Usher and Lil Wayne. Apparently, the Iglesias/Wayne combo was so infectious the first time (see Push), that had to do it once more… but also with Mr. Raymond. Producer RedOne combines plenty of Euro pop aesthetics (thumping synths, strobe light inducing drums and snares) for a pop blend to end all pop blends inside of clubs across the globe. Weezy’s verse doesn’t leave much to the imagination except a need to announce his arrival in the club, but it works in the “little equals good” vein. It’s an Igleasis dominated remix for certain, leaving Usher and Weezy to play in the background, but a true global heartthrob isn’t mean to play second fiddle. If you’re feeling moved, Euphoria is in stores now.
Written by Brando on 05/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Push ft. Lil Wayne" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.