Jay-Z has turned friends into enemies, enemies into underlings, and Oasis into front page fodder; on producer Emynd’s new single, We Don’t Give A…, though State Property’s own Young Chris seems to have transformed into Hova. While listeners might still think to themselves, “Is that Jay-Z?” let us reassure you it is not. Rather, this Baltimore club track pairs the aggressively Lil’ Jon-ish beat-knocking work of Emynd with one of Philly’s most versatile emcees. After an early string of percussion-heavy club anthems like Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop and Flipside, the Roc-A-Fella alumnus exhibits the perfect balance of street and bounce to not let Emynd’s production effectively drown him out. As the digital 12” of We Don’t Give A… continues to gain love and support from DJs all across the globe, it lends shine to the city of B’More as well as to Young Chris, who hopes to step out from underneath his boss’s huge shadow.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/13/08
Submit your Rating
Crossfaded Bacon Digital
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.