Jay-Z has turned friends into enemies, enemies into underlings, and Oasis into front page fodder; on producer Emynd’s new single, We Don’t Give A…, though State Property’s own Young Chris seems to have transformed into Hova. While listeners might still think to themselves, “Is that Jay-Z?” let us reassure you it is not. Rather, this Baltimore club track pairs the aggressively Lil’ Jon-ish beat-knocking work of Emynd with one of Philly’s most versatile emcees. After an early string of percussion-heavy club anthems like Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop and Flipside, the Roc-A-Fella alumnus exhibits the perfect balance of street and bounce to not let Emynd’s production effectively drown him out. As the digital 12” of We Don’t Give A… continues to gain love and support from DJs all across the globe, it lends shine to the city of B’More as well as to Young Chris, who hopes to step out from underneath his boss’s huge shadow.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/13/08
Crossfaded Bacon Digital
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.