Every Global Epidemic starts with one event—be it a chance mutation in a virus, a flea bite or one idiot chowing down on chimpanzee meat. Well, hip-hop epidemiologists should take heed: March 20, marks the days that the deadly (OK, not really) pathogen known as E.M.S. Crew was unleashed upon the DJBooth populace. Making its world premiere on our front page, this freshly-minted promo single finds group member Mai serving up an understated blend of percussion, synths and muted sax samples to back crewmates Primetime Silver Age and LG Cool as they look forward to the day their influence spreads to every corner of the globe. Their plan for world domination? Well, the lyrical content is too abstract to say for certain, but it seems to involve some combination of biological warfare and savvy online marketing: “Tryin’a be infected along with the intelligence and contagions / and proceed to get residuals from all my pages.” Interest piqued? Keep it locked—though the project to which this record will be attached has yet to receive a title or release date, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 03/20/12
Submit your Rating
We Here Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Start Now" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.