Every Global Epidemic starts with one event—be it a chance mutation in a virus, a flea bite or one idiot chowing down on chimpanzee meat. Well, hip-hop epidemiologists should take heed: March 20, marks the days that the deadly (OK, not really) pathogen known as E.M.S. Crew was unleashed upon the DJBooth populace. Making its world premiere on our front page, this freshly-minted promo single finds group member Mai serving up an understated blend of percussion, synths and muted sax samples to back crewmates Primetime Silver Age and LG Cool as they look forward to the day their influence spreads to every corner of the globe. Their plan for world domination? Well, the lyrical content is too abstract to say for certain, but it seems to involve some combination of biological warfare and savvy online marketing: “Tryin’a be infected along with the intelligence and contagions / and proceed to get residuals from all my pages.” Interest piqued? Keep it locked—though the project to which this record will be attached has yet to receive a title or release date, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 03/20/12
Submit your Rating
We Here Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Start Now" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.