In a scene from the documentary Style Wars, prominently sampled in the intro to Black Star classic Respiration, graffiti writer Skeem describes a two-car piece that read, “All you see is Crime in the City.” Though the E.M.S. Crew hail from Jersey rather than the Big Apple, that statement certainly squares with the underground crew’s experiences in their home streets. On their latest single MAI, PSA and LG reflect on the struggle, poverty, despair and political corruption that plague their urban environment, backed by the first-named member’s Latin guitar loops and gritty rhythm section. E.M.S. Crew’s A.O.D. Vol 1 street album currently lacks a drop date but, as always, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 07/1/13
Submit your Rating
We Here Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Global Epidemic" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.