In a scene from the documentary Style Wars, prominently sampled in the intro to Black Star classic Respiration, graffiti writer Skeem describes a two-car piece that read, “All you see is Crime in the City.” Though the E.M.S. Crew hail from Jersey rather than the Big Apple, that statement certainly squares with the underground crew’s experiences in their home streets. On their latest single MAI, PSA and LG reflect on the struggle, poverty, despair and political corruption that plague their urban environment, backed by the first-named member’s Latin guitar loops and gritty rhythm section. E.M.S. Crew’s A.O.D. Vol 1 street album currently lacks a drop date but, as always, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 07/1/13
Submit your Rating
We Here Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Global Epidemic" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.