In a scene from the documentary Style Wars, prominently sampled in the intro to Black Star classic Respiration, graffiti writer Skeem describes a two-car piece that read, “All you see is Crime in the City.” Though the E.M.S. Crew hail from Jersey rather than the Big Apple, that statement certainly squares with the underground crew’s experiences in their home streets. On their latest single MAI, PSA and LG reflect on the struggle, poverty, despair and political corruption that plague their urban environment, backed by the first-named member’s Latin guitar loops and gritty rhythm section. E.M.S. Crew’s A.O.D. Vol 1 street album currently lacks a drop date but, as always, fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 07/1/13
Submit your Rating
We Here Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Global Epidemic" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)