Is it just me, or are Trey and Usher the only male R&B artists you hear on the radio nowadays? The vets may be dominating at the moment, but new cat Emanny is hoping to change that. On his new single, Emanny teams up with dying-bird ad-libber Jadakiss to deliver a sound that has seemed to be missing from the airwaves for quite some time. Produced by Frequency (who you should know of if you live in NYC or are a fan of Northeastern hip-hop), the record’s smooth, head-bobbin beat doesn’t disappoint. Emanny does the production justice too, with some laid back vocals and a few impressive high notes towards the end, and Kiss puts the final pieces on the track with two eight-bar verses. Although the bass line sounds like a slowed down version of Lloyd‘s All Around the World, I can say that I’d pick Emanny and Jadakiss over Lloyd and Wayne any day. Make sure to check out Emanny’s album Somewhere In Between dropping soon, as well as Jada’s new mixtape The Champ Is Here 3, which is scheduled to drop May 1.
Written by JRTheWriter on 04/13/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Short Summer" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.