Is it just me, or are Trey and Usher the only male R&B artists you hear on the radio nowadays? The vets may be dominating at the moment, but new cat Emanny is hoping to change that. On his new single, Emanny teams up with dying-bird ad-libber Jadakiss to deliver a sound that has seemed to be missing from the airwaves for quite some time. Produced by Frequency (who you should know of if you live in NYC or are a fan of Northeastern hip-hop), the record’s smooth, head-bobbin beat doesn’t disappoint. Emanny does the production justice too, with some laid back vocals and a few impressive high notes towards the end, and Kiss puts the final pieces on the track with two eight-bar verses. Although the bass line sounds like a slowed down version of Lloyd‘s All Around the World, I can say that I’d pick Emanny and Jadakiss over Lloyd and Wayne any day. Make sure to check out Emanny’s album Somewhere In Between dropping soon, as well as Jada’s new mixtape The Champ Is Here 3, which is scheduled to drop May 1.
Written by JRTheWriter on 04/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Short Summer" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.