Is it just me, or are Trey and Usher the only male R&B artists you hear on the radio nowadays? The vets may be dominating at the moment, but new cat Emanny is hoping to change that. On his new single, Emanny teams up with dying-bird ad-libber Jadakiss to deliver a sound that has seemed to be missing from the airwaves for quite some time. Produced by Frequency (who you should know of if you live in NYC or are a fan of Northeastern hip-hop), the record’s smooth, head-bobbin beat doesn’t disappoint. Emanny does the production justice too, with some laid back vocals and a few impressive high notes towards the end, and Kiss puts the final pieces on the track with two eight-bar verses. Although the bass line sounds like a slowed down version of Lloyd‘s All Around the World, I can say that I’d pick Emanny and Jadakiss over Lloyd and Wayne any day. Make sure to check out Emanny’s album Somewhere In Between dropping soon, as well as Jada’s new mixtape The Champ Is Here 3, which is scheduled to drop May 1.
Written by JRTheWriter on 04/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Short Summer" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.