Is it just me, or are Trey and Usher the only male R&B artists you hear on the radio nowadays? The vets may be dominating at the moment, but new cat Emanny is hoping to change that. On his new single, Emanny teams up with dying-bird ad-libber Jadakiss to deliver a sound that has seemed to be missing from the airwaves for quite some time. Produced by Frequency (who you should know of if you live in NYC or are a fan of Northeastern hip-hop), the record’s smooth, head-bobbin beat doesn’t disappoint. Emanny does the production justice too, with some laid back vocals and a few impressive high notes towards the end, and Kiss puts the final pieces on the track with two eight-bar verses. Although the bass line sounds like a slowed down version of Lloyd‘s All Around the World, I can say that I’d pick Emanny and Jadakiss over Lloyd and Wayne any day. Make sure to check out Emanny’s album Somewhere In Between dropping soon, as well as Jada’s new mixtape The Champ Is Here 3, which is scheduled to drop May 1.
Written by JRTheWriter on 04/13/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Short Summer" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.