After originally hooking up with DJ Whoo Kid and The Alchemist to do a Shady Records mixtape for the streets, Eminem and his label executives had a change of heart. The material being churned out was simply too good to be released on anything except a major release and thus comes the Re-Up Mixtape, out in stores on December 5th. The first cut to be released from the album features Em’s Shady/G-Unit family which includes 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks and newcomer out of Los Angeles, Ca$his. The beat comes courtesy of Slim Shady himself and showcases his ability to highlight fellow artists on a collaboration, without having to weaken his own performance in the process.
Written by DJ Z on 09/30/06
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.