“Guess who’s back, back again,”—you know the rest! Having stirred fan anticipation to a fever pitch with hit buzz single Crack A Bottle, Eminem steps back into the shoes of his troublemaking alter-ego, Slim Shady, for Relapse‘s official first single. In the tradition of celebrity-bashing lead singles My Name Is, The Real Slim Shady, Without Me, and Just Lose It, We Made You sees Slim taking aim at Kim Kardashian, Ellen DeGeneres, Sarah Palin, Jessica Alba, and Amy Winehouse, to name a few (for the full experience, check out the official music video). As Em proves he’s still got his finger on the pulse of popular culture, an uncredited Jessica Simpson impersonator’s hook and Dr. Dre‘s lounge-flavored boardwork take the cut’s catchiness to the next level—needless to say, WMY is poised to take radio, MTV, and the charts (Booth and Billboard alike) by storm, and pave the way for Relapse‘s arrival on May 19th.
Written by Burmy on 04/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.