In 2010, Eminem recruited Rihanna to assist him on Love the Way You Lie. The record was an absolute smash, entering the US Billboard Hot 100 chart at #2 and eventually spending seven weeks at #1. It also not-too-shabbily debuted at #1 on the US Digital Songs chart, selling a solid-day-at-the-office 338,000 copies. Three years later, the duo look to repeat history with The Monster, a song whose title accurately describes its massive potential. The track, produced by Frequency and Symbolic One, is the most instantly likable among Slim’s pre-MMLP2 single releases, thanks to the Jon Bellion-penned hook, and should offer radio programmers across multiple formats an easy add into rotation. So, will The Monster outperform previous singles Rap God and Berzerk? Will it lead to a strong first week for Mathers? Find out when The Marshall Mathers LP 2 is released on November 5.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Eminem’s new The Monster visual.
Written by DJ Z on 12/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.