In 2010, Eminem recruited Rihanna to assist him on Love the Way You Lie. The record was an absolute smash, entering the US Billboard Hot 100 chart at #2 and eventually spending seven weeks at #1. It also not-too-shabbily debuted at #1 on the US Digital Songs chart, selling a solid-day-at-the-office 338,000 copies. Three years later, the duo look to repeat history with The Monster, a song whose title accurately describes its massive potential. The track, produced by Frequency and Symbolic One, is the most instantly likable among Slim’s pre-MMLP2 single releases, thanks to the Jon Bellion-penned hook, and should offer radio programmers across multiple formats an easy add into rotation. So, will The Monster outperform previous singles Rap God and Berzerk? Will it lead to a strong first week for Mathers? Find out when The Marshall Mathers LP 2 is released on November 5.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Eminem’s new The Monster visual.
Written by DJ Z on 12/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.