In 2010, Eminem recruited Rihanna to assist him on Love the Way You Lie. The record was an absolute smash, entering the US Billboard Hot 100 chart at #2 and eventually spending seven weeks at #1. It also not-too-shabbily debuted at #1 on the US Digital Songs chart, selling a solid-day-at-the-office 338,000 copies. Three years later, the duo look to repeat history with The Monster, a song whose title accurately describes its massive potential. The track, produced by Frequency and Symbolic One, is the most instantly likable among Slim’s pre-MMLP2 single releases, thanks to the Jon Bellion-penned hook, and should offer radio programmers across multiple formats an easy add into rotation. So, will The Monster outperform previous singles Rap God and Berzerk? Will it lead to a strong first week for Mathers? Find out when The Marshall Mathers LP 2 is released on November 5.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Eminem’s new The Monster visual.
Written by DJ Z on 12/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.