In 2010, Eminem recruited Rihanna to assist him on Love the Way You Lie. The record was an absolute smash, entering the US Billboard Hot 100 chart at #2 and eventually spending seven weeks at #1. It also not-too-shabbily debuted at #1 on the US Digital Songs chart, selling a solid-day-at-the-office 338,000 copies. Three years later, the duo look to repeat history with The Monster, a song whose title accurately describes its massive potential. The track, produced by Frequency and Symbolic One, is the most instantly likable among Slim’s pre-MMLP2 single releases, thanks to the Jon Bellion-penned hook, and should offer radio programmers across multiple formats an easy add into rotation. So, will The Monster outperform previous singles Rap God and Berzerk? Will it lead to a strong first week for Mathers? Find out when The Marshall Mathers LP 2 is released on November 5.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Eminem’s new The Monster visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.