In 2010, Eminem recruited Rihanna to assist him on Love the Way You Lie. The record was an absolute smash, entering the US Billboard Hot 100 chart at #2 and eventually spending seven weeks at #1. It also not-too-shabbily debuted at #1 on the US Digital Songs chart, selling a solid-day-at-the-office 338,000 copies. Three years later, the duo look to repeat history with The Monster, a song whose title accurately describes its massive potential. The track, produced by Frequency and Symbolic One, is the most instantly likable among Slim’s pre-MMLP2 single releases, thanks to the Jon Bellion-penned hook, and should offer radio programmers across multiple formats an easy add into rotation. So, will The Monster outperform previous singles Rap God and Berzerk? Will it lead to a strong first week for Mathers? Find out when The Marshall Mathers LP 2 is released on November 5.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Eminem’s new The Monster visual.
Written by DJ Z on 12/16/13
Starting nearly the second after My Name Is dropped in 1999, Eminem became a lightning rod for controversy, and the release of his classic Marshall Mathers LP would cement his place as hip-hop’s leading firestarter, a...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)