Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
It takes a lot of skill, backing, preparation, money and luck to survive in the rap game. One minute you’re on top and the next you’re working behind the counter at Burger King. As a 17-year-veteran of the music industry, Eminem understands the concept of Survival better than most. Thus, it is rather fitting that this is the topic at hand on his latest promo single, which is attached to the upcoming release of Activison’s Call of Duty: Ghosts. Backed by the typically aggressive, guitar-laden boardwork of DJ Khalil, Shady grabs the mic as if it was a Glock pistol, spitting rapid-fire bars like hot rounds out of a barrel. His accompaniment on the track is vocalist Liz Rodrigues, who previously collaborated on Bad Meets Evil standout Echo. While Call of Duty: Ghosts is slated for release on November 5, keep it locked to The DJBooth for emerging details on the title and release date of Eminem’s forthcoming, eighth studio album.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Eminem’s Survival visual.
Written by DJ Z on 10/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.