Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
It takes a lot of skill, backing, preparation, money and luck to survive in the rap game. One minute you’re on top and the next you’re working behind the counter at Burger King. As a 17-year-veteran of the music industry, Eminem understands the concept of Survival better than most. Thus, it is rather fitting that this is the topic at hand on his latest promo single, which is attached to the upcoming release of Activison’s Call of Duty: Ghosts. Backed by the typically aggressive, guitar-laden boardwork of DJ Khalil, Shady grabs the mic as if it was a Glock pistol, spitting rapid-fire bars like hot rounds out of a barrel. His accompaniment on the track is vocalist Liz Rodrigues, who previously collaborated on Bad Meets Evil standout Echo. While Call of Duty: Ghosts is slated for release on November 5, keep it locked to The DJBooth for emerging details on the title and release date of Eminem’s forthcoming, eighth studio album.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Eminem’s Survival visual.
Written by DJ Z on 10/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.