Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
It takes a lot of skill, backing, preparation, money and luck to survive in the rap game. One minute you’re on top and the next you’re working behind the counter at Burger King. As a 17-year-veteran of the music industry, Eminem understands the concept of Survival better than most. Thus, it is rather fitting that this is the topic at hand on his latest promo single, which is attached to the upcoming release of Activison’s Call of Duty: Ghosts. Backed by the typically aggressive, guitar-laden boardwork of DJ Khalil, Shady grabs the mic as if it was a Glock pistol, spitting rapid-fire bars like hot rounds out of a barrel. His accompaniment on the track is vocalist Liz Rodrigues, who previously collaborated on Bad Meets Evil standout Echo. While Call of Duty: Ghosts is slated for release on November 5, keep it locked to The DJBooth for emerging details on the title and release date of Eminem’s forthcoming, eighth studio album.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Eminem’s Survival visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.