Eminem has had so much success from Recovery, it almost seems unfair for him to be releasing a fourth single. However, with the help of producer Jim Jonsin, Em’s back again with Space Bound - but will it be radio worthy? Jonsin crafts an acoustic guitar driven, mellow instrumental that sets up nicely for a catchy hook, much the way Love the Way You Lie was constructed. However, unlike Eminem’s Grammy nominated smash, Space Bound doesn’t have the heavy percussion and true hip-hop feel that Alex Da Kid provided on Way You Lie. On the mic, Em’s lyrics are similar to most of his work on Recovery, as he speaks on the struggle he must overcome and more specifically the love battle that he is going through, and although the heartfelt rhymes give you a lot to think about, this doesn’t necessarily stand out from many of the album’s other songs. Still, given Mr. Mathers impressive track record, even if your local hip-hop station doesn’t pick it up, I think we can expect to see Space Bound ruling the Top 40 chart for weeks to come.
Written by JRTheWriter on 02/17/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)