Eminem has had so much success from Recovery, it almost seems unfair for him to be releasing a fourth single. However, with the help of producer Jim Jonsin, Em’s back again with Space Bound - but will it be radio worthy? Jonsin crafts an acoustic guitar driven, mellow instrumental that sets up nicely for a catchy hook, much the way Love the Way You Lie was constructed. However, unlike Eminem’s Grammy nominated smash, Space Bound doesn’t have the heavy percussion and true hip-hop feel that Alex Da Kid provided on Way You Lie. On the mic, Em’s lyrics are similar to most of his work on Recovery, as he speaks on the struggle he must overcome and more specifically the love battle that he is going through, and although the heartfelt rhymes give you a lot to think about, this doesn’t necessarily stand out from many of the album’s other songs. Still, given Mr. Mathers impressive track record, even if your local hip-hop station doesn’t pick it up, I think we can expect to see Space Bound ruling the Top 40 chart for weeks to come.
Written by JRTheWriter on 02/17/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.