Eminem has had so much success from Recovery, it almost seems unfair for him to be releasing a fourth single. However, with the help of producer Jim Jonsin, Em’s back again with Space Bound - but will it be radio worthy? Jonsin crafts an acoustic guitar driven, mellow instrumental that sets up nicely for a catchy hook, much the way Love the Way You Lie was constructed. However, unlike Eminem’s Grammy nominated smash, Space Bound doesn’t have the heavy percussion and true hip-hop feel that Alex Da Kid provided on Way You Lie. On the mic, Em’s lyrics are similar to most of his work on Recovery, as he speaks on the struggle he must overcome and more specifically the love battle that he is going through, and although the heartfelt rhymes give you a lot to think about, this doesn’t necessarily stand out from many of the album’s other songs. Still, given Mr. Mathers impressive track record, even if your local hip-hop station doesn’t pick it up, I think we can expect to see Space Bound ruling the Top 40 chart for weeks to come.
Written by JRTheWriter on 02/17/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.