Eminem has had so much success from Recovery, it almost seems unfair for him to be releasing a fourth single. However, with the help of producer Jim Jonsin, Em’s back again with Space Bound - but will it be radio worthy? Jonsin crafts an acoustic guitar driven, mellow instrumental that sets up nicely for a catchy hook, much the way Love the Way You Lie was constructed. However, unlike Eminem’s Grammy nominated smash, Space Bound doesn’t have the heavy percussion and true hip-hop feel that Alex Da Kid provided on Way You Lie. On the mic, Em’s lyrics are similar to most of his work on Recovery, as he speaks on the struggle he must overcome and more specifically the love battle that he is going through, and although the heartfelt rhymes give you a lot to think about, this doesn’t necessarily stand out from many of the album’s other songs. Still, given Mr. Mathers impressive track record, even if your local hip-hop station doesn’t pick it up, I think we can expect to see Space Bound ruling the Top 40 chart for weeks to come.
Written by JRTheWriter on 02/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.