Missed the 2011 BET Awards Tuesday night? Confused about why everyone on Twitter is saying “Hi” to Rihanna all of a sudden? DJBooth.net has your back—today, we’re proud to present one of the highlights of the evening, and the Rosetta Stone to the latest ridiculous hashtag meme, all in one dope package. One of eight rhyme sessions to take place over the course of the broadcast the Shady 2.0 Cypher finds Em gathering up five of his mic-murdering-est colleagues to deliver lyrical fire over East Flatbush Project’s spare, shamisen-sampled Tried By 12 beat. Gadsden, Alabama-repping Booth fave Yelawolf heads off the pack, showcasing his head-spinning flows and his product-placement skills (“I’m out this b*tch drinking Sprite by the 2-liter”) before ceding the mic to the lyrical bruisers of Slaughterhouse. After Budden, Crook, Joell and Royce (the latter of whom delivers the famous RiRi shout-out), Em takes center stage to deliver a climactic closing verse just as crass, clever and lyrically dextrous as you’d expect. While Shady’s contribution is a show-stopper, I’ll give Booth readers the final say on how each spitter stacked up. Ready…set… debate!
Written by richard on 10/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.