Missed the 2011 BET Awards Tuesday night? Confused about why everyone on Twitter is saying “Hi” to Rihanna all of a sudden? DJBooth.net has your back—today, we’re proud to present one of the highlights of the evening, and the Rosetta Stone to the latest ridiculous hashtag meme, all in one dope package. One of eight rhyme sessions to take place over the course of the broadcast the Shady 2.0 Cypher finds Em gathering up five of his mic-murdering-est colleagues to deliver lyrical fire over East Flatbush Project’s spare, shamisen-sampled Tried By 12 beat. Gadsden, Alabama-repping Booth fave Yelawolf heads off the pack, showcasing his head-spinning flows and his product-placement skills (“I’m out this b*tch drinking Sprite by the 2-liter”) before ceding the mic to the lyrical bruisers of Slaughterhouse. After Budden, Crook, Joell and Royce (the latter of whom delivers the famous RiRi shout-out), Em takes center stage to deliver a climactic closing verse just as crass, clever and lyrically dextrous as you’d expect. While Shady’s contribution is a show-stopper, I’ll give Booth readers the final say on how each spitter stacked up. Ready…set… debate!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.