Missed the 2011 BET Awards Tuesday night? Confused about why everyone on Twitter is saying “Hi” to Rihanna all of a sudden? DJBooth.net has your back—today, we’re proud to present one of the highlights of the evening, and the Rosetta Stone to the latest ridiculous hashtag meme, all in one dope package. One of eight rhyme sessions to take place over the course of the broadcast the Shady 2.0 Cypher finds Em gathering up five of his mic-murdering-est colleagues to deliver lyrical fire over East Flatbush Project’s spare, shamisen-sampled Tried By 12 beat. Gadsden, Alabama-repping Booth fave Yelawolf heads off the pack, showcasing his head-spinning flows and his product-placement skills (“I’m out this b*tch drinking Sprite by the 2-liter”) before ceding the mic to the lyrical bruisers of Slaughterhouse. After Budden, Crook, Joell and Royce (the latter of whom delivers the famous RiRi shout-out), Em takes center stage to deliver a climactic closing verse just as crass, clever and lyrically dextrous as you’d expect. While Shady’s contribution is a show-stopper, I’ll give Booth readers the final say on how each spitter stacked up. Ready…set… debate!
Written by richard on 10/13/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.