Missed the 2011 BET Awards Tuesday night? Confused about why everyone on Twitter is saying “Hi” to Rihanna all of a sudden? DJBooth.net has your back—today, we’re proud to present one of the highlights of the evening, and the Rosetta Stone to the latest ridiculous hashtag meme, all in one dope package. One of eight rhyme sessions to take place over the course of the broadcast the Shady 2.0 Cypher finds Em gathering up five of his mic-murdering-est colleagues to deliver lyrical fire over East Flatbush Project’s spare, shamisen-sampled Tried By 12 beat. Gadsden, Alabama-repping Booth fave Yelawolf heads off the pack, showcasing his head-spinning flows and his product-placement skills (“I’m out this b*tch drinking Sprite by the 2-liter”) before ceding the mic to the lyrical bruisers of Slaughterhouse. After Budden, Crook, Joell and Royce (the latter of whom delivers the famous RiRi shout-out), Em takes center stage to deliver a climactic closing verse just as crass, clever and lyrically dextrous as you’d expect. While Shady’s contribution is a show-stopper, I’ll give Booth readers the final say on how each spitter stacked up. Ready…set… debate!
Written by richard on 10/13/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.