Well isn’t this a real “OMG” moment (no, not that OMG). After rumors of Eminem’s eagerness to sign Slaughterhouse to his Shady Records imprint, hip-hop’s white knight has finally teamed up with the internet version of the Wu-Tang Clan for their collabo track Session One. On the boards is the incomparable Just Blaze, who channels the same energy on Session One that made Exhibit C an instant classic as heavy guitars and James-Farrior-esque drums (hard hitting) consume the track. This time around though, the group (sans Budden) aren’t talking partying and drinking, although unofficial group leader Royce Da 5’9” spits a verse drowned in bars stronger than 151. But while Slaughterhouse holds their own, they (just like the Ninja Turtles) are no match for their sensei. Master Splinter (aka Eminem) is more potent than ever on his opening verse and with lines like “you can call me R. Kelly/ now urine trouble,” his portion alone makes this a must-download. Make sure to go out and buy Em’s latest Recovery, from which this is one of two bonus cuts.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 06/23/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.