Unless you’re a true hip-hop head, and have been since the ‘90s, it’s hard to describe how excited I am to learn that Royce da 5’ 9” and Eminem have finally put their ridiculous beef aside and are once again making music together as Bad Meets Evil. And if you haven’t been hoping the two would reunite for over a decade, new release Fast Lane should still be more than enough to get your heart pumping. The Timbaland-ish beat, done by Em and Supa Dups, is good but not groundbreaking, but it doesn’t really matter when two emcees this insanely dope put in work. Royce starts off the festivities, becoming the first rapper in hip-hop history to use the word “unicorn” threateningly, followed by a top-form Slim Shady verse. It was the third verse though, when the two began trading off spitfire lines, that I really lost my mind. Goddamn – if you’re not impressed, you’re unimpressable. Hopefully this means the duo’s collab EP, Hell: The Sequel, will be every bit as dope as Fast Lane when it drops June 14.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.