Unless you’re a true hip-hop head, and have been since the ‘90s, it’s hard to describe how excited I am to learn that Royce da 5’ 9” and Eminem have finally put their ridiculous beef aside and are once again making music together as Bad Meets Evil. And if you haven’t been hoping the two would reunite for over a decade, new release Fast Lane should still be more than enough to get your heart pumping. The Timbaland-ish beat, done by Em and Supa Dups, is good but not groundbreaking, but it doesn’t really matter when two emcees this insanely dope put in work. Royce starts off the festivities, becoming the first rapper in hip-hop history to use the word “unicorn” threateningly, followed by a top-form Slim Shady verse. It was the third verse though, when the two began trading off spitfire lines, that I really lost my mind. Goddamn – if you’re not impressed, you’re unimpressable. Hopefully this means the duo’s collab EP, Hell: The Sequel, will be every bit as dope as Fast Lane when it drops June 14.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.