What do Amy Winehouse, Tiger Woods, and Nicole Richie all have in common? That’s right – they’re all Eminem fans, and, like most of us, it wouldn’t be a stretch to say they’re addicted to Mr. Mathers’ rhymes. But who would want to quit? Especially now that Eminem is done relapsing, is working on his “recovery” and is Not Afraid to talk about his own struggle with addiction (we can only hope Ms. Winehouse someday follows suit). Over Boi-1da’s minimalist beat and a sheet of airy melodies that scream “I’m back” louder than T.I.’s last Booth feature, Em holds back just a little from the unbridled aggression that has become a hallmark of his recent undertakings and gets personal. After speaking about his achievements, place in the game, family values and of course his sobriety, Eminem uses the hook to try to uplift others who may be finding themselves in a similarly dark place. Not Afraid is the first single off Eminem’s forthcoming album
Recovery, set to drop June 22. Be sure to mark your calendars.
Written by Matty K on 04/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.