What do Amy Winehouse, Tiger Woods, and Nicole Richie all have in common? That’s right – they’re all Eminem fans, and, like most of us, it wouldn’t be a stretch to say they’re addicted to Mr. Mathers’ rhymes. But who would want to quit? Especially now that Eminem is done relapsing, is working on his “recovery” and is Not Afraid to talk about his own struggle with addiction (we can only hope Ms. Winehouse someday follows suit). Over Boi-1da’s minimalist beat and a sheet of airy melodies that scream “I’m back” louder than T.I.’s last Booth feature, Em holds back just a little from the unbridled aggression that has become a hallmark of his recent undertakings and gets personal. After speaking about his achievements, place in the game, family values and of course his sobriety, Eminem uses the hook to try to uplift others who may be finding themselves in a similarly dark place. Not Afraid is the first single off Eminem’s forthcoming album
Recovery, set to drop June 22. Be sure to mark your calendars.
Written by Matty K on 04/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.