What do Amy Winehouse, Tiger Woods, and Nicole Richie all have in common? That’s right – they’re all Eminem fans, and, like most of us, it wouldn’t be a stretch to say they’re addicted to Mr. Mathers’ rhymes. But who would want to quit? Especially now that Eminem is done relapsing, is working on his “recovery” and is Not Afraid to talk about his own struggle with addiction (we can only hope Ms. Winehouse someday follows suit). Over Boi-1da’s minimalist beat and a sheet of airy melodies that scream “I’m back” louder than T.I.’s last Booth feature, Em holds back just a little from the unbridled aggression that has become a hallmark of his recent undertakings and gets personal. After speaking about his achievements, place in the game, family values and of course his sobriety, Eminem uses the hook to try to uplift others who may be finding themselves in a similarly dark place. Not Afraid is the first single off Eminem’s forthcoming album
Recovery, set to drop June 22. Be sure to mark your calendars.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!