What do Amy Winehouse, Tiger Woods, and Nicole Richie all have in common? That’s right – they’re all Eminem fans, and, like most of us, it wouldn’t be a stretch to say they’re addicted to Mr. Mathers’ rhymes. But who would want to quit? Especially now that Eminem is done relapsing, is working on his “recovery” and is Not Afraid to talk about his own struggle with addiction (we can only hope Ms. Winehouse someday follows suit). Over Boi-1da’s minimalist beat and a sheet of airy melodies that scream “I’m back” louder than T.I.’s last Booth feature, Em holds back just a little from the unbridled aggression that has become a hallmark of his recent undertakings and gets personal. After speaking about his achievements, place in the game, family values and of course his sobriety, Eminem uses the hook to try to uplift others who may be finding themselves in a similarly dark place. Not Afraid is the first single off Eminem’s forthcoming album
Recovery, set to drop June 22. Be sure to mark your calendars.
Written by Matty K on 04/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.