Honestly, the first time I heard Eminem’s new leak No Love, I thought it was a joke. Can you blame me? For some reason usually on-point producer Just Blaze chose to make Haddaway’s 1993 dance hit What Is Love, best known as the song from SNL’s Night at the Roxbury skits, the centerpiece of his beat. Sadly, it’s a mistake from which the track never recovers (pun intended), even with Lil Wayne returning the favor from Drop the World and delivering one of his best verses in a minute. I wish I could say Just Blaze is the only one at fault here, but while Slim Shady drops decent (for him) verses, his vocal work on the chorus is almost unlistenable. Not Afraid was dope, what happened here? But maybe I’m alone on this one. Maybe the Booth will help me hear the hidden genius that I’m so obviously missing. (I doubt it, but maybe.) Go ahead guys, try to convince me. In the meantime, let’s hope this isn’t indicative of the quality of Em’s new album Recovery, due out June 22.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/8/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.