Honestly, the first time I heard Eminem’s new leak No Love, I thought it was a joke. Can you blame me? For some reason usually on-point producer Just Blaze chose to make Haddaway’s 1993 dance hit What Is Love, best known as the song from SNL’s Night at the Roxbury skits, the centerpiece of his beat. Sadly, it’s a mistake from which the track never recovers (pun intended), even with Lil Wayne returning the favor from Drop the World and delivering one of his best verses in a minute. I wish I could say Just Blaze is the only one at fault here, but while Slim Shady drops decent (for him) verses, his vocal work on the chorus is almost unlistenable. Not Afraid was dope, what happened here? But maybe I’m alone on this one. Maybe the Booth will help me hear the hidden genius that I’m so obviously missing. (I doubt it, but maybe.) Go ahead guys, try to convince me. In the meantime, let’s hope this isn’t indicative of the quality of Em’s new album Recovery, due out June 22.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.