Honestly, the first time I heard Eminem’s new leak No Love, I thought it was a joke. Can you blame me? For some reason usually on-point producer Just Blaze chose to make Haddaway’s 1993 dance hit What Is Love, best known as the song from SNL’s Night at the Roxbury skits, the centerpiece of his beat. Sadly, it’s a mistake from which the track never recovers (pun intended), even with Lil Wayne returning the favor from Drop the World and delivering one of his best verses in a minute. I wish I could say Just Blaze is the only one at fault here, but while Slim Shady drops decent (for him) verses, his vocal work on the chorus is almost unlistenable. Not Afraid was dope, what happened here? But maybe I’m alone on this one. Maybe the Booth will help me hear the hidden genius that I’m so obviously missing. (I doubt it, but maybe.) Go ahead guys, try to convince me. In the meantime, let’s hope this isn’t indicative of the quality of Em’s new album Recovery, due out June 22.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.