Honestly, the first time I heard Eminem’s new leak No Love, I thought it was a joke. Can you blame me? For some reason usually on-point producer Just Blaze chose to make Haddaway’s 1993 dance hit What Is Love, best known as the song from SNL’s Night at the Roxbury skits, the centerpiece of his beat. Sadly, it’s a mistake from which the track never recovers (pun intended), even with Lil Wayne returning the favor from Drop the World and delivering one of his best verses in a minute. I wish I could say Just Blaze is the only one at fault here, but while Slim Shady drops decent (for him) verses, his vocal work on the chorus is almost unlistenable. Not Afraid was dope, what happened here? But maybe I’m alone on this one. Maybe the Booth will help me hear the hidden genius that I’m so obviously missing. (I doubt it, but maybe.) Go ahead guys, try to convince me. In the meantime, let’s hope this isn’t indicative of the quality of Em’s new album Recovery, due out June 22.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.