This is like when Run DMC and Aerosmith got together, I swear. Two of the biggest names in modern music culture have teamed up for a collaboration that has radio screaming number one, and with the Recovery album sales - 750K sold in the first week! - to go along with it, Eminem is sure to be “walking this way” to the bank with Rihanna after the duo’s new single Love the Way You Lie truly takes off. A combination almost as powerful as Chuck Lidell’s jab-to-kick pairing, Love the Way You Lie features producer Alex da Kid crafting a complex yet catchy beat that pushes Eminem to one of his most honest moments on the raw and emotional Recovery. But it’s pop princess Rihanna, whose lends an international appeal and sugary vocals on the hook, who really takes this song from first-class flight to spaceship status. And while the subject matter doesn’t exactly scream party favorite, Love the Way You Lie still has the potential to be one of the most popular songs of the new decade. Anyone dare disagree?
Written by Quentin Cuff on 07/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.