Eminem’s relationship with his mother, Debbie Mathers, has been well-documented over the course of his 10 album career. On career-making singles like My Name Is and Cleaning Out My Closet, he directly and purposely insulted his mother, calling her out for unflattering parenting techniques and for not doing enough for Em and his younger brother. Over time, however, Slim Shady had an epiphany of sorts; he realized that, while she was far from a perfect mother, he only has one moms in his life. Which brings us to Headlights, a new single off his latest album, The Marshall Mathers LP 2. Released in honor of Mother’s Day, the Spike Lee-directed visual is a first person account of the mental torment that Eminem has experience due to the estranged relationship to his mother. It’s honest, it’s truthful and it’s reality.
Written by DJ Z on 05/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.