Eminem’s relationship with his mother, Debbie Mathers, has been well-documented over the course of his 10 album career. On career-making singles like My Name Is and Cleaning Out My Closet, he directly and purposely insulted his mother, calling her out for unflattering parenting techniques and for not doing enough for Em and his younger brother. Over time, however, Slim Shady had an epiphany of sorts; he realized that, while she was far from a perfect mother, he only has one moms in his life. Which brings us to Headlights, a new single off his latest album, The Marshall Mathers LP 2. Released in honor of Mother’s Day, the Spike Lee-directed visual is a first person account of the mental torment that Eminem has experience due to the estranged relationship to his mother. It’s honest, it’s truthful and it’s reality.
Written by DJ Z on 05/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.