Eminem’s relationship with his mother, Debbie Mathers, has been well-documented over the course of his 10 album career. On career-making singles like My Name Is and Cleaning Out My Closet, he directly and purposely insulted his mother, calling her out for unflattering parenting techniques and for not doing enough for Em and his younger brother. Over time, however, Slim Shady had an epiphany of sorts; he realized that, while she was far from a perfect mother, he only has one moms in his life. Which brings us to Headlights, a new single off his latest album, The Marshall Mathers LP 2. Released in honor of Mother’s Day, the Spike Lee-directed visual is a first person account of the mental torment that Eminem has experience due to the estranged relationship to his mother. It’s honest, it’s truthful and it’s reality.
Written by DJ Z on 05/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smack That" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.