The best thing about the holidays are unexpected gifts. Well, the holidays came early this year, as a particular collaboration between two artists almost a decade in the making is an unexpected gift beyond measure. Eminem & Royce Da 5’9” crafted Bad Meets Evil for Em’s major label debut eleven years ago, and now the two are reportedly working towards a brand new untitled collaborative effort. When fans heard Living Proof early last week, their ears couldn’t believe themselves. Now, we get the DJ Khalil produced Echo. It’s hard hitting chopped organs and a chorus sung by Liz Rodrigues (of The New Royales) rivals that of the Sirens from Odysseus. The chemistry the artists shared from over a decade ago is still prevalent as Royce and Marshall continue to trade competitive barbs to figure out who can top who. Royce sticks to his guns (literally) with toying couplets about desert eagles while Mr. Mathers proclaims his life is The Truman Show, if Truman was a dope rapper. Hopefully, fans will get to hear the final result of these leaks soon – a full project from these two would be a holiday miracle.
Written by Brando on 11/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Lane" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.