The best thing about the holidays are unexpected gifts. Well, the holidays came early this year, as a particular collaboration between two artists almost a decade in the making is an unexpected gift beyond measure. Eminem & Royce Da 5’9” crafted Bad Meets Evil for Em’s major label debut eleven years ago, and now the two are reportedly working towards a brand new untitled collaborative effort. When fans heard Living Proof early last week, their ears couldn’t believe themselves. Now, we get the DJ Khalil produced Echo. It’s hard hitting chopped organs and a chorus sung by Liz Rodrigues (of The New Royales) rivals that of the Sirens from Odysseus. The chemistry the artists shared from over a decade ago is still prevalent as Royce and Marshall continue to trade competitive barbs to figure out who can top who. Royce sticks to his guns (literally) with toying couplets about desert eagles while Mr. Mathers proclaims his life is The Truman Show, if Truman was a dope rapper. Hopefully, fans will get to hear the final result of these leaks soon – a full project from these two would be a holiday miracle.
Written by Brando on 11/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Lane" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.