The best thing about the holidays are unexpected gifts. Well, the holidays came early this year, as a particular collaboration between two artists almost a decade in the making is an unexpected gift beyond measure. Eminem & Royce Da 5’9” crafted Bad Meets Evil for Em’s major label debut eleven years ago, and now the two are reportedly working towards a brand new untitled collaborative effort. When fans heard Living Proof early last week, their ears couldn’t believe themselves. Now, we get the DJ Khalil produced Echo. It’s hard hitting chopped organs and a chorus sung by Liz Rodrigues (of The New Royales) rivals that of the Sirens from Odysseus. The chemistry the artists shared from over a decade ago is still prevalent as Royce and Marshall continue to trade competitive barbs to figure out who can top who. Royce sticks to his guns (literally) with toying couplets about desert eagles while Mr. Mathers proclaims his life is The Truman Show, if Truman was a dope rapper. Hopefully, fans will get to hear the final result of these leaks soon – a full project from these two would be a holiday miracle.
Written by Brando on 11/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Lane" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.