The best thing about the holidays are unexpected gifts. Well, the holidays came early this year, as a particular collaboration between two artists almost a decade in the making is an unexpected gift beyond measure. Eminem & Royce Da 5’9” crafted Bad Meets Evil for Em’s major label debut eleven years ago, and now the two are reportedly working towards a brand new untitled collaborative effort. When fans heard Living Proof early last week, their ears couldn’t believe themselves. Now, we get the DJ Khalil produced Echo. It’s hard hitting chopped organs and a chorus sung by Liz Rodrigues (of The New Royales) rivals that of the Sirens from Odysseus. The chemistry the artists shared from over a decade ago is still prevalent as Royce and Marshall continue to trade competitive barbs to figure out who can top who. Royce sticks to his guns (literally) with toying couplets about desert eagles while Mr. Mathers proclaims his life is The Truman Show, if Truman was a dope rapper. Hopefully, fans will get to hear the final result of these leaks soon – a full project from these two would be a holiday miracle.
Written by Brando on 11/21/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Lane" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.