The best thing about the holidays are unexpected gifts. Well, the holidays came early this year, as a particular collaboration between two artists almost a decade in the making is an unexpected gift beyond measure. Eminem & Royce Da 5’9” crafted Bad Meets Evil for Em’s major label debut eleven years ago, and now the two are reportedly working towards a brand new untitled collaborative effort. When fans heard Living Proof early last week, their ears couldn’t believe themselves. Now, we get the DJ Khalil produced Echo. It’s hard hitting chopped organs and a chorus sung by Liz Rodrigues (of The New Royales) rivals that of the Sirens from Odysseus. The chemistry the artists shared from over a decade ago is still prevalent as Royce and Marshall continue to trade competitive barbs to figure out who can top who. Royce sticks to his guns (literally) with toying couplets about desert eagles while Mr. Mathers proclaims his life is The Truman Show, if Truman was a dope rapper. Hopefully, fans will get to hear the final result of these leaks soon – a full project from these two would be a holiday miracle.
Written by Brando on 11/21/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Lane" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)