In line with the “acoustic soul” trend, reintroduced by artists such as Corinne Bailey Rae and Robin Thicke, J Records introduces the newest artist in that style, Emily King. Walk in My Shoes, the debut single from her upcoming album East Side Story, sends the message that every music artist’s debut single should: that she’s a go-getta and takes control of her own destiny, therefore doing whatever it takes to get her name out. Lupe Fiasco‘s guest verse sounds like he’s been listening to a bunch of Eminem, with a non-stop flow full of accented syllables (it’s a Midwest thing), and a guitar beat also similiar to Em’s (upbeat drum patterns and bass guitar riffs.) Overall, this single is set up perfectly for King to become the latest artist to popularize the resurgence of acoustic soul.
Written by Burmy on 07/23/07
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.