NYC radio personality Emilio Sparks may be familiar to Big Apple natives but, for the rest of us, a little introduction may be in order – especially in light of his typo-inducing name, which is like a Voltron-style fusion of two of the Booth’s favorite underground artists. Thus, Sparks has seen fit to say “Hello” to listeners on the follow-up to previously-featured single Don’t Let Me Down. Here, producers House of Dreams amp the tension up with a beat incorporating reverb-drenched percussion, a driving bass line and… fireworks? Reader favorite ESSO handles the verses, cutting through the often-chaotic instrumental with laid-back braggadocio (“I don’t need the ego stroke, it’s big enough/ You only get one life; live it up.”), and R&B singer Rhys ties it all together with a triumphant hook. Those who like what they’re hearing can find plenty more on Emilio Sparks’ Kicks, Chicks & Porno Flicks mixtape, set to hit the ‘net June 4 of this year.
Written by richard on 01/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Let Me Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.