NYC radio personality Emilio Sparks may be familiar to Big Apple natives but, for the rest of us, a little introduction may be in order – especially in light of his typo-inducing name, which is like a Voltron-style fusion of two of the Booth’s favorite underground artists. Thus, Sparks has seen fit to say “Hello” to listeners on the follow-up to previously-featured single Don’t Let Me Down. Here, producers House of Dreams amp the tension up with a beat incorporating reverb-drenched percussion, a driving bass line and… fireworks? Reader favorite ESSO handles the verses, cutting through the often-chaotic instrumental with laid-back braggadocio (“I don’t need the ego stroke, it’s big enough/ You only get one life; live it up.”), and R&B singer Rhys ties it all together with a triumphant hook. Those who like what they’re hearing can find plenty more on Emilio Sparks’ Kicks, Chicks & Porno Flicks mixtape, set to hit the ‘net June 4 of this year.
Written by richard on 01/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Let Me Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.