NYC radio personality Emilio Sparks may be familiar to Big Apple natives but, for the rest of us, a little introduction may be in order – especially in light of his typo-inducing name, which is like a Voltron-style fusion of two of the Booth’s favorite underground artists. Thus, Sparks has seen fit to say “Hello” to listeners on the follow-up to previously-featured single Don’t Let Me Down. Here, producers House of Dreams amp the tension up with a beat incorporating reverb-drenched percussion, a driving bass line and… fireworks? Reader favorite ESSO handles the verses, cutting through the often-chaotic instrumental with laid-back braggadocio (“I don’t need the ego stroke, it’s big enough/ You only get one life; live it up.”), and R&B singer Rhys ties it all together with a triumphant hook. Those who like what they’re hearing can find plenty more on Emilio Sparks’ Kicks, Chicks & Porno Flicks mixtape, set to hit the ‘net June 4 of this year.
Written by richard on 01/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Let Me Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.