NYC radio personality Emilio Sparks may be familiar to Big Apple natives but, for the rest of us, a little introduction may be in order – especially in light of his typo-inducing name, which is like a Voltron-style fusion of two of the Booth’s favorite underground artists. Thus, Sparks has seen fit to say “Hello” to listeners on the follow-up to previously-featured single Don’t Let Me Down. Here, producers House of Dreams amp the tension up with a beat incorporating reverb-drenched percussion, a driving bass line and… fireworks? Reader favorite ESSO handles the verses, cutting through the often-chaotic instrumental with laid-back braggadocio (“I don’t need the ego stroke, it’s big enough/ You only get one life; live it up.”), and R&B singer Rhys ties it all together with a triumphant hook. Those who like what they’re hearing can find plenty more on Emilio Sparks’ Kicks, Chicks & Porno Flicks mixtape, set to hit the ‘net June 4 of this year.
Written by richard on 01/5/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Let Me Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.