With the amount of disposable hip-hop that gets churned out every day it’s hard not to get discouraged about the state of the game, and DJBooth newcomer Emilio Sparks feels the same way, demanding simply that rappers Don’t Let Me Down. Sparks, a NY radio personality making his debut on the Booth, has brought together producer J. Glaze, who crafts a gripping beat loosely inspired by The Beatles’ song of the same name, and some fellow NY compatriots to handle the microphone duties: Booth favorite Donny Goines breaks down the rap game with a dopely cadenced flow, AC follows his legendary Head in the DJBooth freestyle with a tightly delivered verse and A. Pinks lyrically Hits the Lights again with some fresh wordplay. And as an added bonus, Sparks doesn’t ruin the track by yelling random s**t constantly! (Sorry for the shallow expectations, Khaled’s set the bar pretty low.) Don’t Let Me Down will be off Sparks amazingly titled new project Kicks, Chicks and Porno Flicks, due out sometime in 2010.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/20/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)