With the amount of disposable hip-hop that gets churned out every day it’s hard not to get discouraged about the state of the game, and DJBooth newcomer Emilio Sparks feels the same way, demanding simply that rappers Don’t Let Me Down. Sparks, a NY radio personality making his debut on the Booth, has brought together producer J. Glaze, who crafts a gripping beat loosely inspired by The Beatles’ song of the same name, and some fellow NY compatriots to handle the microphone duties: Booth favorite Donny Goines breaks down the rap game with a dopely cadenced flow, AC follows his legendary Head in the DJBooth freestyle with a tightly delivered verse and A. Pinks lyrically Hits the Lights again with some fresh wordplay. And as an added bonus, Sparks doesn’t ruin the track by yelling random s**t constantly! (Sorry for the shallow expectations, Khaled’s set the bar pretty low.) Don’t Let Me Down will be off Sparks amazingly titled new project Kicks, Chicks and Porno Flicks, due out sometime in 2010.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/20/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.