With the amount of disposable hip-hop that gets churned out every day it’s hard not to get discouraged about the state of the game, and DJBooth newcomer Emilio Sparks feels the same way, demanding simply that rappers Don’t Let Me Down. Sparks, a NY radio personality making his debut on the Booth, has brought together producer J. Glaze, who crafts a gripping beat loosely inspired by The Beatles’ song of the same name, and some fellow NY compatriots to handle the microphone duties: Booth favorite Donny Goines breaks down the rap game with a dopely cadenced flow, AC follows his legendary Head in the DJBooth freestyle with a tightly delivered verse and A. Pinks lyrically Hits the Lights again with some fresh wordplay. And as an added bonus, Sparks doesn’t ruin the track by yelling random s**t constantly! (Sorry for the shallow expectations, Khaled’s set the bar pretty low.) Don’t Let Me Down will be off Sparks amazingly titled new project Kicks, Chicks and Porno Flicks, due out sometime in 2010.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/20/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.