With the amount of disposable hip-hop that gets churned out every day it’s hard not to get discouraged about the state of the game, and DJBooth newcomer Emilio Sparks feels the same way, demanding simply that rappers Don’t Let Me Down. Sparks, a NY radio personality making his debut on the Booth, has brought together producer J. Glaze, who crafts a gripping beat loosely inspired by The Beatles’ song of the same name, and some fellow NY compatriots to handle the microphone duties: Booth favorite Donny Goines breaks down the rap game with a dopely cadenced flow, AC follows his legendary Head in the DJBooth freestyle with a tightly delivered verse and A. Pinks lyrically Hits the Lights again with some fresh wordplay. And as an added bonus, Sparks doesn’t ruin the track by yelling random s**t constantly! (Sorry for the shallow expectations, Khaled’s set the bar pretty low.) Don’t Let Me Down will be off Sparks amazingly titled new project Kicks, Chicks and Porno Flicks, due out sometime in 2010.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/20/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.