The last single off Emilio Rojas’ forthcoming mixtape, an homage to Raekwon‘s classic Ice Cream, provided an unlikely setting for some serious soul-searching on the topic of familial loyalty. The follow-up, Whisper, finds the Rochester repper (a performer at the Booth’s recent A3C showcase) still on his introspective ish, this time over an ominous, slowly building synth beat by Needlz. The subject? Among the topics Rojas touches upon are faith, forgiveness, the possibility of change and—of course—his perennial issues with women. Court Dunn illustrates the record’s theme with some suspenseful, American Psycho-stylized official visuals. Feeling it? More hot instrumental and incisive bars await on No Shame, No Regards, scheduled for digital release in the near future.
Written by richard on 11/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.