The last single off Emilio Rojas’ forthcoming mixtape, an homage to Raekwon‘s classic Ice Cream, provided an unlikely setting for some serious soul-searching on the topic of familial loyalty. The follow-up, Whisper, finds the Rochester repper (a performer at the Booth’s recent A3C showcase) still on his introspective ish, this time over an ominous, slowly building synth beat by Needlz. The subject? Among the topics Rojas touches upon are faith, forgiveness, the possibility of change and—of course—his perennial issues with women. Court Dunn illustrates the record’s theme with some suspenseful, American Psycho-stylized official visuals. Feeling it? More hot instrumental and incisive bars await on No Shame, No Regards, scheduled for digital release in the near future.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.