The last single off Emilio Rojas’ forthcoming mixtape, an homage to Raekwon‘s classic Ice Cream, provided an unlikely setting for some serious soul-searching on the topic of familial loyalty. The follow-up, Whisper, finds the Rochester repper (a performer at the Booth’s recent A3C showcase) still on his introspective ish, this time over an ominous, slowly building synth beat by Needlz. The subject? Among the topics Rojas touches upon are faith, forgiveness, the possibility of change and—of course—his perennial issues with women. Court Dunn illustrates the record’s theme with some suspenseful, American Psycho-stylized official visuals. Feeling it? More hot instrumental and incisive bars await on No Shame, No Regards, scheduled for digital release in the near future.
Written by richard on 11/20/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.