The last single off Emilio Rojas’ forthcoming mixtape, an homage to Raekwon‘s classic Ice Cream, provided an unlikely setting for some serious soul-searching on the topic of familial loyalty. The follow-up, Whisper, finds the Rochester repper (a performer at the Booth’s recent A3C showcase) still on his introspective ish, this time over an ominous, slowly building synth beat by Needlz. The subject? Among the topics Rojas touches upon are faith, forgiveness, the possibility of change and—of course—his perennial issues with women. Court Dunn illustrates the record’s theme with some suspenseful, American Psycho-stylized official visuals. Feeling it? More hot instrumental and incisive bars await on No Shame, No Regards, scheduled for digital release in the near future.
Written by richard on 11/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.