The last single off Emilio Rojas’ forthcoming mixtape, an homage to Raekwon‘s classic Ice Cream, provided an unlikely setting for some serious soul-searching on the topic of familial loyalty. The follow-up, Whisper, finds the Rochester repper (a performer at the Booth’s recent A3C showcase) still on his introspective ish, this time over an ominous, slowly building synth beat by Needlz. The subject? Among the topics Rojas touches upon are faith, forgiveness, the possibility of change and—of course—his perennial issues with women. Court Dunn illustrates the record’s theme with some suspenseful, American Psycho-stylized official visuals. Feeling it? More hot instrumental and incisive bars await on No Shame, No Regards, scheduled for digital release in the near future.
Written by richard on 11/20/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.