Like a fine wine, Emilio Rojas just keeps getting better with age. Actually, it’d be more accurate to say that like a fine wine with a rough childhood, some serious women issues and a dope rhyme style, Emilio Rojas keeps getting better with age, but I don’t want to get caught up in semantics. The point is, The Natural is back on our pages with yet another fresh record, and this time instead of warning us about his crazy Ex Girl, he’s simply asking the Booth to Turn It Up. Frequent production partner and co-signer DJ Green Lantern provides the beat, and while Lantern’s dark yet bouncing boardwork is nothing to scoff at, it’s the rhyme work of Rojas, who speeds up his flow a la his stellar work on the Hold You Down (Remix), and another Booth favorite Yelawolf who truly transform this song into something special. My advice? Don’t overthink this one. Just press play and turn the volume up. While Emilio’s upcoming mixtape Life Without Shame still doesn’t have a set release date, I’ve got a feeling we’ll get at least another leak or two before the project finally drops.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/12/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.