These days, a lot of the younger cats think that they have a lot to say and resort to a quicker flow to fit it all in one bar. Well, New York’s Emilio Rojas is here today to teach those cats that there’s another school of thought in Hip-Hop that focuses on the mantra, “Less is more.” With his new single, Trouble, Emilio paints vivid pictures with a steady flow and conviction that is only bred in an environment of necessity and survival. You don’t get the image of a neighborhood where they sell souls and the devil goes on a shopping spree everyday. What about a line like, “You be the one with all the answers/I’m a be the one they never get to question”? Then again he’s not after the money for the same reason as (mostly) everyone else. He’s trying to be prepared in case his friends get indicted and he needs to bail them out. Where Emilio has a clean record, veteran Queens emcee N.O.R.E. proudly raises the dirty hands that he’s had all his life. And not much needs to be said about the bass fueled beat from !llmind other than that it will have you and your speakers trembling for days. Trouble will be found on Emilio’s upcoming tape, Zero F**ks Given, hosted by DJ Camilo.
Update: We have added the Fred Focus-directed visuals for Emilio Rojas’ Trouble single.
Written by Bryan H on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.