On his latest mixtape leak, the emcee who recently showed us his Bold and Arrogant side introduces fans to yet another of his many musical personae: Emilio Rojas, the master storyteller. As you may have guessed from the title, Tic Toc revolves around the topic of time – in particular, those agonizing moments when seconds creep by the slowest. M-Phazes’ deceptively calm, piano-led instrumental sets the stage for three vignettes, the first depicting an innocent death row inmate hoping against hope for a call from the governor, the second a mother waiting to find out whether her unborn child is HIV-positive, and the third an American soldier wondering whether he’ll catch a bullet from a sniper before making it home to see his family. It’s a difficult but ear-pleasing listen and, to his credit, Rojas allows listeners to draw their own conclusions rather than attempting to tie his verses into one grand statement. Fans can find more from the multifaceted Brooklynite on DJ Green Lantern Presents: The Natural, which has been delayed from its former Oct. 28 drop date to Nov. 4. In the meantime, be sure and check out the artist’s recent interview with DJ Z!
Listen to More: Emilio Rojas
Written by richard on 10/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.