Emilio Rojas is widely known as an emcee whose sole focus in life is the sun and the shade, parties and women, flashy cars and flashier jewelry, so it’s no surprise that new leak The Letter is an ode to Patron shots and Louis scarves. Actually, that’s not true at all. At all. Producer immediately Parks set the record’s dark tone with an unidentified audio clip (anyone) backed by deeply banging drums and a chorus of devils and angels. It’s only right then that Emilio lyrically directs his rhymes heavenward, asking his creator (maybe) why he allows such terrible suffering to fall on his creations: “I was gonna write a letter to God, but I dead it / cause I don’t believe in heaven so I don’t know where to send it.” Add in some addition vocals from Tenille, who has been featured on the Booth before, and you’ve got yet another passionate offering sure to build momentum for his upcoming project, whatever it gets titled and whenever it drops (this summer, hopefully). You’ll just have to keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/12/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Vibe Wit Me ft. Emilio Rojas" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.